Tuesday, August 28, 2012

WE'RE PREGNANT!!

This morning the suspense was killing me, and Kev was coming home today from his trip, so before I left for work I peed on both an ovulation test strip and a pregnancy test strip. On my ovulation test strip, 2 lines showed up, both equally solid lines = positive. Okay so I am ovulating? Even though I just ovulated 2 weeks ago and I am suppose to get my period this week!? Then I read the pregnancy test…2 lines showed up, but the second one was very faint, so I assumed negative, because that's how I was use to reading my ovulation test results. I then took a picture of the strips side by side on their wrappers to show Kevin later and thought to myself, damn-it, I am not pregnant.



When he got home, I showed him the picture explaining we aren’t pregnant. As he looked at the picture closely he said, “Um, babe…I think you read this wrong. It shows if a second line shows up on the pregnancy strip, it’s positive. I think you are pregnant! Look at the result descriptions...” My stomach dropped. I responded, “WHAT!? ARE YOU SERIOUS!?” I looked at it closer. He was right! I did read it wrong. Dummy me. I was so use to always reading the ovulation test strip results, which are different, yet same brand of strips. So confusing. I just needed an electronic pregnancy test that straight up says the word “Pregnant” or not. HA! But they are like $15 each, and at the rate I figured I’d be going through them as we are trying, I didn’t buy that kind. Then I quickly ran into the bathroom and peed on two more pregnancy tests. Both POSITIVE! We were SO excited, but it was still very surreal. Kev didn’t want to believe it until I went in to the doctor and got tested.

No comments:

Post a Comment