Sunday, March 17, 2013

Baby Room ALL Finished!!!

I am 33 weeks, and thanks to my aunt hosting a baby shower for me at our house over the weekend, I was forced to finish the baby's room! Well, not forced, but I wanted to show it completed, and it was a good timeline for me to get it done, so now I can just sit and relax (in our newly finished basement too!) :) There are, of course, a couple more things I'd still like to make for the room (memo board, liners for the baskets, and cover the railgaurd in purple) but those aren't urgent...It's looking great already, and I am so proud I did it all with only one eye, hehehe!

I finally finshed and hung the Pom Pom "Mobile", and got my childhood bedtime prayer blown up on a canvas...
I sewed the curtains, from an idea I saw on Pinterest that took me to this site Better Homes, however there wasnt a tutorial to follow so I kinda had to figure it out on my own. I used a white king size sheet from Walmart, to make 2 panels, then used the left over white fabric to make ruffles and then some of the dark purple to match the crib skirt. My girlfriends helped me create the alphabet wall. I bought all the paper mache letters from Hobby Lobby and paint and scrapbook paper from Michael's. The girls painted the edges, traced the letter on the paper and glued it on. I hung the letters with poster putty. The fancy frame above the bed is not completed yet. It will have baby's initial...
Above the dresser is the collage wall...a place for her cute newborn shoes, her growing foot prints, her birth announcement, her hospital bracelet, the "Little Miss Muffet" nursery rhyme (because my Grandpa Quinn called me Miss Muffet!) and Colbie's paw print for sisterly love! I also made another changing pad cover using that cute, soft, polka dot minky fabric! And look how full the closet is already getting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment