Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Yellow Polka Dot Bikini

One of my high school girlfriends, Kali (Teel) Kasprzyk, who lives in Sarasota, Florida, (miss her mucho!) had a baby girl, Mila Marie, on Feb 11 (10 days early) weighing 7.5lbs and 21in long! She is an adorable little peanut! I crafted her this cute swimsuit onesie that I saw on Pinterest (of course), however, it can also just be bought on Etsy for $21, although I wanted to try making it myself :) It took a while to cut my own pattern that looked right, but it was easy to iron on with fabric adhesive, and then I sewed around the edges (so it'll last in the wash), and added the ribbon and bows!
I'll have to make one for my little sunbathing beauty too when she comes...however, looks like I need to adjust the pattern for the bottoms, so it looks like it sits lower on the waist and wraps around the diaper better. It was tough that I didn't have my own baby model while making it, to be able to test it on, hahaha! But it still turned out pretty dang cute! Enjoy Mila!!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment