Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Am I going blind!??

The past week I have been having some blurry vision. Typically its only in the morning for 5-10 minutes, but last night I noticed it for a longer period of time as I was trying to watch TV and then again this morning when I looked at my alarm clock and tried to read a few emails while still laying in bed. And it continued for a good 15 minutes after I got up. I goggled it a little bit, and learned about the symptom being "dry, itchy, sensitive eyes" but it said if you experience blurriness, notify your doctor. So on my way into work I called the nurses line just to ask about it and she wanted me to come in to check my blood pressure because it could lead to high blood pressure/gestational diabetes or preeclampsia-which she said it’s too early for that.

I checked out to be fine, and my new OB (Dr Nelson – who I really think I am going to like!) said it is just another pregnancy hormonal change in which hormones cause fluid buildup in my eyes, the same way they make you have swollen ankles and feet.. The lens and cornea may thicken, and the pressure of the fluid within the eyeball may change, leading to changes in the curvature of the eyes, which causes blurred vision and dry, irritated eyes. Thankfully, she says my vision will return to normal after I give birth…but wait, AFTER!? So do I have to deal with seeing double for the next 5 months!?? ughh :(

No comments:

Post a Comment