Thursday, November 1, 2012

OB Dr Appt - 13 weeks

Today we had our second appointment with our OB doctor, Dawn Jenkins, at the Shakopee Park Nicollet. I weighed in at 108lbs. 4lbs gained since my appt 4 weeks ago, and 10lbs since I found out I was pregnant. A little much I'd say, but I guess its fine since I was under weight from the beginning. And maybe I need to back off the pasta/bread/carbs/junk food and eat more fruits and veggies!! She did a quick ultrasound to show us baby. Then put on the Doppler to listen to it's heart rate = 147. We only had a few questions for her...

1.) Can I travel to Florida with Kevin's family end of February at 30 weeks? Yes, traveling is fine before 36 weeks. Might want to buy travel insurance in case anything happens or you end up not feeling good enough to go. Wash hands a lot to prevent from catching anything.

2.) Can I have my thyroid levels checked every 4 weeks to be sure its not going up or down? There is no need to. It should remain stable and we will check it again at your 28 week appointment when we check for diabetes. **Endocrinologist notes to have it checked in 2 months.

3.) Am I considered high-risk with my thyroid issues? No, only if your levels were uncontrollable.

Kevin and I left this appointment with an awkward feeling. We aren't sure how we feel about our doctor. It is not that she is necessarily rude, but she sort of treats us like everything is no big deal and so she doesn't give us thorough answers. It's hard to explain what we don't like about her, but its like she does this everyday, which fine yes she does, but she does it in such a repetitious sort of way with no feeling behind her words or actions. She needs to grow a personality. I realize she doesn't have all the time to establish a personal relationship with us, but something!? We scheduled our next appointment with a different doctor in the group...wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment