Sunday, November 18, 2012

UPDATE: 16 WEEKS

How Far Along: 16 weeks
Total Weight Gain: 12lbs (weighing in at 110lbs)
Nausea: I don't want to say its completely gone because I don't want to jinx anything, hahaha! But I believe it is gone, finally!!
Mood Swings: With the nausea gone, I'd say I am less irritable. Well, besides when I am hungry...I need to eat! I get it from my dad ;) And a little advice...don't mess with a pregnant lady's food!
Food Cravings: Grilled cheese and tomato soup. Basically whenever I think of something that sounds good, I have to go get it now. Haha! And I have really been wanting Olive Garden's salad. Mmmm, might have to pick me up some on my way home! Actually, yesterday we had some really yummy food at Kevin's family early Thanksgiving feast, nom nom nom nom :)
Other Symptoms: Not only are my nails and hair growing like weeds, but I think my hair has gotten straighter!? When I let it air dry, its not as wavy and frizzy as it always has been. Weird. And I know I talk fast, but now I often get short of breath. I have also had some hot flashes, which is unusual for me because I am always cold, but a few times I have heated up quickly, armpits sweating through my shirt, and I am like did someone just turn the heat on!? But then it goes away after 5 minutes. Also, I keep having some aches down in almost my groin area, tendons pulling, which Dr said I will start feeling my uterus stretch again. Super uncomfortable. And my last new thing is blurry vision! Supposedly its a normal pregnancy symptom, but I hope it goes away soon!!
Miss Anything: Still missing my normal clothes fitting comfortably.
Sleep Time: 10pm
My Exercises: Ummm, none. I know I know its bad. I am still tired and uncomfortable when I get home from work that I just want to lay on the couch and watch TV.
Fun Moment Since Last Update: I went in Monday, Nov 12th (15 weeks) to have another ultrasound done by my mom and she guessed at gender.....
Gender Idea: Girl!!! I know its still early, but we had a perfect view from the bottom where you could see both butt cheeks and legs coming out, and nothing was in between, except the 3 little lines, which they call it a "hamburger" you are looking for when its a girl. But we aren't officially announcing it until the 20 week mid-pregnancy ultrasound. Sadly, Kevin wasn't present for this observation, but we called him and my mom told him over the phone while she was doing it and I took a video. We're going to go in again this week because his mom wants to see too. But we are super super excited!!! I knew it from the beginning...mother instinct I guess! Kevin of course hoped for a boy, as all guys do, but he knows he will be wrapped around her little finger the day she comes out. HER and SHE...yep, we are starting to call "it" a "she" :) :)
Maternity Clothes: I still haven't been into a maternity shop yet, but I did go buy a couple new pairs of jeans and pants for work, in larger sizes to make it by for a little longer. I went from size "1" to "7" in 3 months, wtf!? I have never been larger than size 3, so this is weird for me.
Labor Signs: None
Looking Forward To: The holidays!! This week we are doing the traditional Champp's on Thanksgiving Eve, so I am excited to see some old high school friends. And then Thanksgiving with my family and my little brother turns 21!! Wow time flies. And of course can't wait until our 20 week mid-pregnancy ultrasound, which we scheduled on Kevin's 30th birthday, Dec 19 :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment