Sunday, October 21, 2012

UPDATE: 12 WEEKS

How Far Along: 12 weeks
Total Weight Gain: 8lbs (weighing in at 106lbs)
Nausea: I think my nausea is starting to go away! It’s not all day everyday anymore :) It’s just if I go past normal time to eat or sleep. I still drink lots of ginger ale to feel at ease.
Mood Swings: I haven’t been as irritable lately, or at least I don't think so, Kev may say differently. I am beginning to have some good days, where I have more energy to get stuff done around the house...so I am thinking its true that the 2nd trimester does get better!!
Food Cravings: Pumpkin bread, chocolate chip cookies dipped in milk and still of course cereal.
Other Symptoms: For the past 2 weeks I have started to get headaches around 4:30/5pm. One day it was at 2pm and I left work to go buy Tylenol and sat in my car with my eyes closed for 20mins, but it still didn’t really go away. Not sure if it’s a hormonal thing, or certain foods I am eating or the fact that I sit at a desk all day starring at a computer and I have horrible posture. Or maybe I am not getting home early enough for dinner, yet sometimes the headache doesn’t go away after I eat either, so I am in bed early because I just need to close my eyes. I have also started to have some lower back pain. All the way down in my tail bone. Only hurts when I get up to walk. Not sure again if it’s my bad posture sitting at a desk all day, or if baby is pushing on a nerve.
Miss Anything: My flat stomach and my pants fitting comfortably :(
Sleep Time: I am staying up a bit later, 9:30pm
My Exercises: Still nothing :( But I will hopefully start to as I am entering my 2nd trimester and begin to feel better!
Fun Moment Since Last Update: When Kevin and I went in for an ultrasound with my mom to see how baby was growing…he/she waved at us! Cool seeing the hands and feet!!
Gender Idea: I am still thinking Girl…only because I am really into baby’s room being purple!
Maternity Clothes: I bought a belly “Beband” from Target. It allows me to still wear my normal work pants or jeans everyday but am able to have them unbuttoned so I can breathe. It works well, but I love when I get home and can put on sweatpants and really breathe!
Labor Signs: None
Looking Forward To: We are doing the First Trimester Screening this Tues Oct 23, where baby gets tested for down syndrome & trisomys. Not really looking forward to it, because it’s kind of scary, but we have no history of these on either side of our families, so I am hoping everything will be just fine. Then I am going to Arizona for my friend Liz’s bachelorette party (although I can’t drink, I will make the best of it! Supposedly we are staying at an awesome hotel with a really nice pool so I am excited to relax!) Then our next OB Doctor appt is Thurs Nov 1.


No comments:

Post a Comment