Monday, October 29, 2012

Arizona Bachelorette Party!

Just got back from a weekend in Phoenix & Scottsdale, Arizona for my good college friend, Liz Bramwell’s bachelorette party! Her wedding isn’t until February 2, but this was the time all of us could get together and go. There were 7 of us that flew out from MN, and a few other of her highschool friends that live in Arizona. We stayed at the JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa. It was a beautiful hotel and the staff was very nice and accommodating to all our specific needs ;) We hung out at the pool both days and relaxed in the lazy river. The weather was beautiful…85 degrees and not a cloud in the sky! As the girls had cocktails all day & night, I drank loads and loads of water, gatorade and my favorite non-alcoholic drink…the dirty worm. It was an oreo ice blended shake with gummie worms. Mmm!

I felt great both days, just got a little nauseous as it got closer to dinner time because our reservations weren’t until 8pm one night and 7:30pm the other. After lunch, I probably should have ate at 4 or 5 and then again at dinner, but of course we were all busy chatting and getting dolled up for the night out. And then the limo driver on Saturday night wasn’t the best at considering there were 12 girls in the back of his vehicle! He made fast stops, starts and turns…I thought I was going to throw up. When we got to the restaurant I quickly got some ginger ale and felt better. I made it out all night with the girls at the bars! But got nauseous again on the ride back to the hotel because I was so tired.

The girls always made sure I was doing okay and asked if I needed anything…to the point where once I had to say, “Hey, I am not handicapped, I am pregnant!” hahaha! I think they thought since they were drinking all day, I had to be drinking all day, which was actually perfect because I drank more fluids than ever and I really need to be! I would have thought the hardest part of the weekend was going to be the fact that I couldn’t drink, but it was actually not feeling comfortable with my ever growing body. Being in a swim suit was tough, but the girls kept reassuring me, “You can really tell it’s a baby bump!” ;) Which I am starting to believe you can...its just hard getting use to it. I wore a couple dresses that weren't tight and hid the belly. It truly was a great girls weekend! And I cannot wait for the wedding!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment