Saturday, January 26, 2013

Accent Wall Stencil

Talk about tedious and time consuming!!!! My friend Courtney talked me into doing a fancy accent wall, instead of plain stripes, so I bought this Casablanca Allover Stencil. I know it will look great when done, but it is pretty difficult to do. There is a trick to it...have very little paint on your sponge roller and do 3-4 really light coats (they dry fast) - that way it wont bleed. It did bleed a few times on me at first, but it was easy to touch up with a tiny paint brush and the gray paint. The hardest part will be the edges, because you have to use smaller, single stencils and fold them around the trim and ceiling edges. Not fun. And with my eye I cant see looking up towards the ceiling, so Kevin may just have to finish this one for me... Because she is worth it, right?

                        Jan 13                                                                                                              Jan 26

No comments:

Post a Comment