Thursday, January 17, 2013

Linea Nigra

I've actually had this line since about week 14, and this picture doesn’t show how dark it truly is, but thought I’d post about it to remember it. And for the fact that my belly button is starting to pop out as well. Eww gross. And that scar above my belly button...yeah, that’s from my belly button ring I had to have when I was 16. I know, it was time to part from it now that I am growing a baby. Anywhoo... The linea nigra is a dark vertical line that often appears between the belly button and the pubic area - in my case, from my rib cage down. It is caused by pregnancy hormones, which are also responsible for the darkening of the areolas and freckles. My face does have some new dark spots that I hope go away after pregnancy!

1 comment:

  1. Thought you should know that someone has used this photo on a satirical website about a 14 year old girl being pregnant with baby Jesus: http://stuppid.com/girl-pregnant-baby-jesus/

    ReplyDelete