Sunday, January 13, 2013

UPDATE: 24 WEEKS

How Far Along: 24 weeks
Total Weight Gain: 18lbs (weighing in at 116 lbs)
Belly Circumference: 34-1/4" - I am adding this one on...wish I would have done it sooner to be able to really see how much I am growing, because each picture sort of looks the same. I mean I know I am growing, but in the morning its smaller, and as the day goes it gets tighter, like its stretching, and by night time I feel largest!
Nausea: None.
Mood Swings: Still miserable about my eye. Just the fact that it looks horrible and there is nothing I can do about it. I just pray it really goes back to normal after pregnancy. Sometimes I just cry in frustration. It is what it is.
Food Cravings: Cereal. Popcorn. Ice cream sandwiches.
Other Symptoms: Anxiety, a symptom of my Grave's disease, but I think its also just the fact that pregnancy takes your control away. Baby is controlling my body these days, therefore its hard to do what I want, when I want...oh the start of parenthood :) And my ugly eye is causing me to be anti-social. Public outings and being around a lot of people at once doesn't thrill me anymore. Not just the way I look, but I hate not being able to focus to make eye contact, and sometimes its real painful. Also, my hips are starting to hurt more often, like I can feel them widening. I've noticed when I lay on my right side, my left hip gets tingly and goes numb. I've been told to lay on my left side, rather than my right, but its tough when I am sleeping because it's already hard enough to get comfortable!
Miss Anything: Seeing clearly.
Sleep Time: 10pm
My Exercises: Prenatal yoga at Yoga4You in Savage, on Sundays, with 5 other pregnant friends. And shiatsu! A guy named K.C Giwa, Empty Hand Body Work, comes into my work on Wednesdays and provides 30min sessions for whoever signs up. Shiatsu is Japanese for "finger pressure"; it is a type of alternative medicine consisting of finger and palm pressure, stretches, and other massage techniques. It as a way to help people relax and cope with issues such as stress, muscle pain, nausea, anxiety, and depression. It is good for pregnancy because it really gets your fluids moving, providing more energy. I love it!
Fun Moment Since Last Update: All of our hardwork on the baby's room. We installed the closet organizer, put together the crib, the cubby, the book wall shelving, the dresser and the glider/ottoman. Plus I have sewn a fitted sheet and a changing pad cover, and am almost done with the ruffled crib skirt. It's looking great. So excited to see it all done! And glad we got an early start on it because it has already been getting hard to stand up, sit down, stand up, bend over, etc to do all my crafts and move furniture around. Kevin has been a rockstar, for the fact that he's getting so far on the basement, while also helping me with baby's room! Love him!!
Gender Idea: Girl
Maternity Clothes: Yes, finally I have enough maternity clothes to make it a whole work week!
Labor Signs: None
Looking Forward To: We get to go back in (Jan 31) for another ultrasound because the sonographer didn't get a good picture of her face/eyes/lips when we were in for our mid-pregnancy ultrasound, because she was tucked down with her face in my placenta, and she wouldn't turn around no matter what I did. She's been in that position every ultrasound I've ever had. The sonographer said I really need to drink a lot of water for the next ultrasound so my bladder pushes her out of that little nook. So we will see. And my 26/27 week OB appt is that day, too where I do the glucose testing for diabetes. Lets hope all is well! And then...it's my friend Liz's wedding Feb 2. Super excited for her!!

1 comment: