Sunday, January 6, 2013

Had A Great Weekend

Although my eye makes me miserable, I had a great weekend this weekend, mainly because I feel like I got a lot accomplished...and if you know me I have to check something of my to-do-list each day in order to be happy and feel productive. Plus I got to spend some quality time with 3 of my besties.

Friday night after work I went to the Mall of America with my mom to buy some more maternity clothes at Motherhood. I got 4 pairs of pants and a couple shirts! I really need pants that fit, so that was perfect, and although I feel guilty spending money on myself, it makes getting ready in the mornings go smoother! Motherhood also has some cute shorts, capris and Tshirts out, so I am going to have to shop once more before we go to Florida. Then I went over to my friend Danielle's to get my hair done. I decided to go dark again! And I needed a trim REAL bad. She even plucked and trimmed my eyebrows...something that's hard for me to see with my vision. So huge thanks to her for making me feel pretty again. Fresh ends are like a breath of fresh air, hahaha!

Saturday, Courtney and I went to Babies R Us and started my baby registry. I needed some help from a recent mama, and Kevin didn’t care to go, and I wasn’t going to force him and watch him mope around ;) plus, us together know nothing about baby stuff. Court had great insights on many products, what’s really needed and what’s not, and what’s a better brand, etc. I feel like we got carried away and scanned like everything insight...so note to people coming to my showers - I am not greedy, my registry is just ideas. And I don’t want everything pink! Preferably purple :) or gray, or yellow, or green, or whatever. Its though because everything is either pink or blue. And for the large items like swings, bouncers, pack n play, high chair, etc. there’s not many cute gender neutral ones. So I had some tough decisions. I did also register at Target for some of the same things because I know not everyone makes it to a Babies R Us (although I hope they do, because there’s a larger selection!) but at Target a lot of stuff was on clearance, going out of stock, I am guessing new stuff is coming in so I will have to check back. Plus I've been told each Target has different things in stock. I also registered online on Amazon, because Kevin and I do majority of our shopping on Amazon. Stuff is always cheaper (and no taxes) and we have a "Prime" account so everything is free 2-day shipping :)

Okay back to my fun weekend....from there I went over to my friend Serena's mom's house because she is going to alter my bridesmaid dress for Liz's wedding in 3 weeks (Feb 2 - ughh I hope my eye has a good day for all the pictures!) The dress is long and dark purple and shows my bump just a little.
Then Serena offered to help me with the start of sewing a ruffled crib skirt I want to make for baby’s room. And when I say “help” I mean she did all the sewing because I couldn’t see well enough to sew a straight line, but I did measure and cut the fabric and iron the hems...just very slowly, hahaha! After 3.5 hours, we had the layout of the skirt all sewn together with our first ruffle!!! So stay tuned because it is gonna be “ombre” with 3 shades of purple. So excited!
Sunday, Kevin helped me with dishes, laundry & cleaning…what a guy! And then I was off to prenatal yoga with some other pregnant friends in Savage at Yoga4You. It was relaxing, although I was mostly focused on figuring out how to do the movements and positions correctly because I have never done yoga before. So next time I should be able to focus more on the breathing and relaxing. After that I stopped over at our friends Craig & Carrie’s house to see their new baby boy, Cole Thomas.
He is such a cute little peanut, born on New Years day and only 6lbs 12oz and 20.5in. It was great to hear Carrie’s stories and insights about delivery. Still hard to believe I am next...

No comments:

Post a Comment